The AzASLA currently offers free listings for job postings in the state. Check back frequently for updated positions. You may also visit ASLA's Job Link to search national listings, post listings and to upload your resume.
If you would like to post a listing on our website email details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscape Architecture Practice Lead
Cardno is seeking a Landscape Architecture Practice Leader in our Phoenix, AZ office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
> Ultimately responsible for preparation of all landscape architecture projects
> Ultimately responsible for completing projects on schedule
> Ultimately responsible for jurisdictional coordination
> Ultimately responsible for coordination with other in-house disciplines
> Provide design and coordination to support the creation and approval of land use applications, including the management of sub-consultants and internal planning staff
> Knowledgeable about entitlement processes and regulations in all applicable jurisdictions
> Provide project management on planning specific projects
> Manage department scheduling, workload and coordination meetings
> Participate in management, leadership and scheduling meetings as requested
> Define future growth potential, opportunities and marketing efforts for the landscape architecture department, internally and externally
> Responsible for recruitment and retention of employees
> Prepare scope & fee documents and cost estimate information
> Degree in Landscape Architecture or closely related field
> Minimum of 10 years of experience in landscape architecture or closely related field
> Proficient with MS Word, Excel, & project, internet research, and office scheduling/communication software. AutoCAD skills are preferred
> Strong written and oral communication skills are mandatory
> Strong leadership and management skills are required
> Professional licensure credentials are required
*Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
To apply, go to: https://re12.ultipro.com/CARDNO/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*C6067EE5ED33F925
Olsson Associates landscape architects work closely and collaboratively with clients to guide projects from the initial vision through design, development, and implementation. OA’s highly diverse design portfolio includes parks and open spaces, downtown redevelopments and streetscapes, and unique commercial and residential developments.
Duties and Responsibilities/Specific Tasks :
· Prepares design documents, contract documents and contract administration for landscape architecture projects.
· Assists project managers with management tasks (or portions of) including: develops project scope of work; develops project schedule; completion of initial paperwork.
· Assists with review of budget and schedule progress reports.
· Coordinates project with other OA teams.
· Performs and coordinates design aspects of projects; directs team members on design tasks.
· Maintains project records (correspondence, drawings, files).
· Informs project manager of progress and problems.
· Coordinates with clients; attends client meetings.
· Assists with marketing/business development; may help write proposals.
· May serve as project manager on smaller projects.
· Independently performs assignments on complex projects.
· Trains others on more complex work.
· May identify others’ staffing needs.
· Coordinates assistant and associate professional staff and technical staff’s work; may supervise student or technical staff.
· Creates and maintains project and client information in company’s platform system, Deltek.
· May travel to job sites for observation and perform field work.
· Traverse and work in all types of terrain and weather conditions, as well as project sites in various stages of construction
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Project management and supervisory skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Current knowledge of accepted industry practices in design and construction.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local building codes and safety laws.
- Work requires advanced math skills, special relationship abilities, and the ability to understand "abstract" principles behind math and physics.
- Working knowledge of CAD or other comparable software including but not limited to: Photoshop, Sketch-Up, Vue and In Design.
- Work requires travel to meetings, site visits, and inspections. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license within 60 days of employment.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Minimum Education and Certification Requirements:
· B.L.A. or B.S. degree landscape architecture or other applicable field.
· Registered Landscape Architect preferred and have at least six years’ full-time landscape architecture experience with increasing responsibility.
Ranch Association - Director of Community Standards
DIRECT MANAGER – Executive
Salary range $45-$60K DOE
Areas of Responsibility
The Director of Community
Standards is responsible for managing covenant enforcement matters for the DC
Ranch Community in accordance with the Community Standards, along with
enforcement of Design Guidelines.
This individual will work positively
and in conjunction with the Executive Director and our residents to create
desired outcomes. This includes routine
inspections of neighborhoods as well as scheduled visits to ensure compliance
with the DC Ranch CC&Rs, Community Standards and Design Guidelines.
Click here to see the full posting and further details.
Please send your resume to email@example.com or
Linda Wilkum, HR Manager
DC Ranch Association
20555 N Pima Rd Ste. 140
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
, an award winning urban design and landscape architecture firm is seeking a
talented individual with 3-6 years of relevant professional experience to
become an integral part of their growing team as a designer/project
manager. The office is a fast-paced, collaborative
environment that encourages design excellence and innovation. Commissions include a diversity of high
quality urban/downtown, institutional, historic, parks and recreation,
residential, and master planning projects.
demonstrate a high degree of competency in all areas of design and have:
- Project management experience including
excellent time management skills, a proven track record of managing,
coordinating and collaborating with clients, consultants, contractors and supervising
internal team members
- A thorough knowledge of design process, technical detailing and construction
documentation, construction administration, grading, horticulture and planting
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino,
V-RAY, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent hand and computer graphic
communication skills and aesthetic sensibilty
- Strong oral and communication skills
- A highly organized and thorough approach to work
and professional work ethic; commitment to design excellence, and
the ability to
work on multiple projects
offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Submit a resume and portfolio in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted June 16, 2014
Landscape Designer (Phoenix)
Pinnacle Design, Inc.
are seeking an entry to mid-level landscape designer with a great attitude to
join our team.
- Degree in landscape architecture and 3-5 years in the landscape architecture
- Experience in site planning and landscape design for private and public sector
- Experience with process-oriented design ranging from research and schematic
design through - construction documents.
- Knowledge of Southwest plant materials, irrigation design and construction
- High proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Skills in both hand drawn and digital graphics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to:
Posted May 29, 2014
Landscape Architect Project Coordinator (Chandler) - AndersonBaron
AndersonBaron is a creative and dynamic Planning and Landscape Architecture firm located in Chandler; a great environment for work and play. We have a diverse portfolio of residential master plans, urban redevelopment, multi-family housing, healthcare, parks, and environmental restoration. Our office works in a team environment where all members' skills and talents are valued.
We are currently looking for motivated individuals to fulfill a Project Coordinator position within our firm. Applicants must have experience in Landscape Architecture to be considered for this position. We are committed to finding the right individuals to join our team, if you feel you possess the required skills and attributes to fulfill these full-time positions, please submit your resume per the instructions below.
Project Coordinator: Project Coordinators work directly under the supervision of Principals, Senior Project Managers, and/or Project Managers. This position's role involves coordination and production of construction documents and other tasks as needed. The following attributes are also required for the Project Coordinator position:
• Candidates shall have 3-5 years of experience in Landscape Architecture;
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch-up, and Microsoft Office;
• Understanding of design development and construction document preparation;
• Experience preparing graphics for presentations;
• Possess a high level of professionalism;
• Must have strong verbal and graphic skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Urban Planning from an accredited program is preferred
Please no phone calls or drop-ins regarding these positions. Full benefits available.
Please email resume and portfolio including your salary requirements to email@example.com
Landscape Architect III - SmithGroupJJR
SmithGroupJJR is an idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR as one of the foremost architectural and engineering firms in the world.
According to the 2013 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 9th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Phoenix office of SmithGroupJJR is currently accepting applications for a Landscape Architect that is committed to design excellence, thrives in an environment of collaboration, and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity.
Working with us, you will:
• Independently provide the full range of landscape architectural services on small to medium sized projects.
• Prepare, coordinate, and complete construction documents including cost estimates.
• Prepare, develop, and edit specifications.
• Evaluate, select, and approve materials and products.
• Lead day to day construction administration activities including coordination with the clients, consultants, and sub-consultants to maintain project progress.
• Create and develop planning and design concepts for more complex projects.
• Oversee design work of others to ensure an integrated and cohesive design.
An ideal candidate:
• Is able to organize and lead team meetings involving consultants and/or owners.
• Can establish and execute a project work plan.
• Provides oversight and monitoring of the work performed by junior staff.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction, and technical competence.
• Contributes proactively to the project team.
• Is proficient with technical detailing.
• Has strong graphic and verbal communication skills.
• Possesses the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
• Is proficient in current design software including Civil 3D, SketchUp - VRay, GIS, Adobe Suite, Lumion as well as Microsoft Office.
• Has a minimum 5 years of experience.
• Takes an active role in a local professional association.
• Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
• Is a registered Landscape Architect. LEED AP preferred.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We also offer a flexible work schedule, which provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance. Please submit resume, sample of work (if applicable), and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Entry Level and Mid-Level Landscape Architects/Land Planners – PHOENIX and TUCSON
Overview of Job Description:
Norris Design is growing in Phoenix and Tucson. We are searching for full-time landscape architects and land planners to add to our talented team. The ideal landscape architect candidates for the Phoenix office should have 3-5 years of experience (internships included) in a professional office. The ideal planner candidates for the Phoenix should have 2 years of experience. The Tucson office is looking for entry level landscape architect candidates with 1-3 years of experience (internships included) in a professional office. The candidate shall have excellent hand graphic and design skills, be proficient with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and Excel. An understanding of Adobe In-Design, 3D Studio Max and Sketch Up is beneficial. The candidate shall be enthusiastic, creative, and have the ability to think pro-actively. Salary and benefits are commensurate with position and qualifications. Land Development, Residential, including Master Planned Community experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning from an accredited program
How to Apply:
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references and a portfolio in PDF format (10 page maximum) to email@example.com. Please include your name and years of experience in the subject line of the email. Please send inquiries no later than January 15, 2014. No phone calls please.
Hadley Design Group, Inc. is a dynamic and design focused Planning and Landscape Architecture consulting firm, placing strong emphasis on providing unique, realistic, cost effective and buildable solutions. Meeting our client’s needs is our primary goal. HDG is seeking a highly motivated Landscape Designer who has an interest in working in a fast paced environment engaging in a wide variety of private and public sector projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or 10+ years in the landscape architecture consulting field
• High Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch Up and Adobe Suites
• Knowledge of Desert Southwest plant material
• 3-5 years experience in a firm with landscape architectural consulting
• English Fluency
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability in Site Planning and Design, Construction Documents, Details and Specifications
• Valid Driver’s license
• Experience in private and public sector projects
• Experience in planning and landscape architecture
• Experience in irrigation design
• 3D Studio Max or similar digital rendering skills
• Working toward Landscape Architecture registration
Candidates are required to submit a resume and portfolio with AutoCAD and graphic design skills showing construction documents, details, and graphic capabilities.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please email resume, cover letter, and portfolio in a single PDF file limited to 7mb to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Landscape Designer” on the subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes received, we can only respond to those we are interested in interviewing. Please limit contact to this email.
Vollmer & Associates - Landscape Architect/Designer
Title: Mid-Career Landscape Architect/Designer
Location: Phoenix, Arizona. 85004
Years of Experience: 3-6
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Vollmer & Associates is a Phoenix, AZ based Landscape Architecture firm specializing in creating many of the most notable communities and large scale developments in Arizona. We are currently seeking a versatile Mid-Career Landscape Architect / Designer to join our production team.
Applicants should demonstrate strong leadership, design, communication, organization, and graphic skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with similarly driven colleagues. Ambitious applicants with a strong desire for professional growth preferred. Vollmer & Associates offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Skills Required: Qualified candidates will have demonstrated skills in design and production, construction documents and detailing, creativity and communication, as well as computer graphic and writing capabilities. Must be a progressive thinker and have creative layout and computer graphic abilities.
Proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite is essential. LandFX & Sketchup experience is a plus.
Education Requirements: BLA or equivalent experience.
Please submit one electronic file or a hard copy containing work samples and a resume to Vollmer & Associates, 1426 N. 2nd St Suite 200 Phoenix, AZ 85004, or email@example.com or call 602-358-7711, ask for Kathy to set up and interview.
Coe & Van Loo Consultants, Inc. - Landscape Designer
CVL Consultants, Inc. is seeking an Entry to Mid-Level Landscape Designer: 1 to 5 years of experience. Candidate will work directly with lead Landscape Architect and help with all phases of design. Day to day tasks may include, but are not limited to, base map preparation, inventory and analysis, creation of design presentations, construction drawings, permit preparation, visiting job sites, and client interaction.
Candidate should have a minimum 1 year office experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software. Preferred but not required: Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, experience with graphics and design software (Eaglepoint, LandFX, Sketchup, and Adobe Photoshop), and experience with irrigation design. He / she should have a good base knowledge of plants and construction standards. Self-motivated, strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently are a must.
Qualified applicants please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format to Heather Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.